P.S.

If I am not sharing something Japanice (anime, cosplay, Japanese food, and anime conventions), I will be talking about virtually anything. From life lessons and my daily encounters to politics and current events. It's a personal blog after all. :)

Enjoy and feel free to give comments and input.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~

Monday, February 25, 2013

Japanice Style @ Akira Salon

I jokingly live by the words, "Mess everything with me and mess my life but NEVER mess my hair." But sometimes, I take it a bit seriously. LOL 
 
One thing's very certain with me, I like Asian hairstyle and I always wanted to have my hair styled by a Japanese stylist primarily because I think that there must be a difference in their styling technique with that of local stylists. Also, it's because I always liked the hair styles of my favorite J-Pop idols and so I wanted to go to a stylist who actually know Japanese hair do, I'll be showing Japanese hairstyles that I like to have after all.
 
However as one would expect, hair salons here in Manila that has Japanese stylists are very far from common. I remember searching in the net to try to find one and it only proved my thoughts that it would be difficult for me to find one. For the past 3 to 4 years, I have gone to a salon nearest to what I've been looking for. I went to Tony & Jackey. It's a salon with Korean stylists. They definitely understand Asian hairstyle. I used to think that I am more satisfied with the styling they do as compared to other local salons but I also always feel far to be completely satisfied.
 
And then I came across a blog that mentioned Akira Hair and Make-Up Studio that's located in A-Venue Mall in Makati Avenue, Makati City. I decided to try their services and get a new hairstyle shortly before the new year 2013.
 
Here's my hairstyle last December before I went to Akira. It already grew long. It was a lot shorter when I had it completely permed at Tony & Jackey.
 
 
"Before"

I would sometimes straighten my bangs and the sides using hair iron.
 
Still "Before"
I had the idea of ironing my bangs straight and leaving the perm at the back when I saw this hairstyle of KISUMAI's Kento Senga. It think it really looks cool and pretty. It's pretty cool. XD 
 
Kento Senga of KIS-MY-FT2

 
And so when I went to Akira, I was torn apart between getting a full perm again or rebonding my hair until I decided to do both. XD
 
 
I had my bangs and the sides rebonded while the back of the hair was permed again with little curls - like the curls of a telephone cable as Akira-san described it. =D
 


 
Sometimes I'll style the bangs one-sided but most of the times I go for full bangs. I really like how the style turned out.
 
Christmas Day

Here, I attempted to copy Senga's hairstyle. My hair was black though after that I thought of getting a hair color in my next visit.
 
Do it Senga-style

After two months, I returned to Akira to get a hair cut and the much-anticipated hair color. I returned to the salon two weekends ago.

Me, Madz and her moral support XD



They suggested to color the eyebrow too LOL
First time I did that


Tadaaaah! =DD


With Akira-san


With Madz and her moral support for me XD
I love the result. The hair color is perfect. It is obvious but not too loud or striking. It suits me whether I am in a casual get up or in an office/business atmosphere. You know that feeling of being fashionable and casual without being looking too juvenile? I think that is how I would describe my hairdo. =D



Officemates say they also like my hair color



 
My hair at the back is still permed while I would sometimes iron straight my bangs. Most of the times though, I just blow dry the bangs and let it look naturally wavy. The hair loooks nice even without applying a hair product . However, to make the curls at the back look defined I would use mousse.
 

OK, here's the catch. Most people might find the services a bit too expensive expecially for those who don't even spend more than Php 100.00 for a haircut. XD But as in any other reputable salon, you pay for the satisfaction you get from the services.
 
Akira-san is basically a celebrity in his own right in the hair and make up industry. His salon's website illustrates his background as having worked as [a] top-stylist at a world-famous salon in London. He returned to Japan, his career as a free-lance make up & hair stylist took off and hi work has been seen in the beauty industry, including Fashion Magazines, Advertisements, CD-Jacket, PV, Fashion Shows etc, in Japan, New York, and London. [In] 1995, [he] established Hair & Make up studio in Tokyo. Now he is based in the Philippines.
 
Complete satisfaction. That's the one thing I kept on missing everytime I go to the salon to refreshen the hair and the looks, even during all those times I had been going to at least two branches of Tony & Jackey. I have always felt that something is always amiss especially with the thought that stylists in Tony & Jackey are like on-the-job trainee-stylists. So there, having finally been able to discover a reputable Japanese hair stylist in Manila, I'm just happy. ^___________^
 

Oh! This entitles me and my family for a 20% discount on all products and services. Sugoi na! XD
 

4 comments:

  1. ah so cute. in all honesty i think i might want to try your hairstyle [the curl+rebond]. (i always copy Asian idols hairstyle)just that, now im trying to grow my hair long again lols

    ReplyDelete
  2. wohhoooww! Im so tempted to go to Akira! Im a bit scared to do the actual Tokyo hair cutting 2 weeks from now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have your haircut at Akira anytime. Perhaps you should get a haircut in Tokyo during your trip for the meantime. =D

      Delete