P.S.

If I am not sharing something Japanice (anime, cosplay, Japanese food, and anime conventions), I will be talking about virtually anything. From life lessons and my daily encounters to politics and current events. It's a personal blog after all. :)

Enjoy and feel free to give comments and input.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~

Sunday, March 24, 2013

KARADA - A Japanice Body Therapy

A few weeks back I discovered KARADA Japanese Body Therapy. With its a bit striking orange motif that I almost mistook it as Yoshinoya (yes, as in the Japanese fast food), I couldn't help but notice its facade in the newly rennovated Glorietta 2. 

 
 
 
I read the poster hanging on its glass wall, first thinking that it's a spa, and there I realized that it's more of a physical therapy clinic. After having spoken with a staffer/therapist, I was immediately interested in their services mostly because it's a Japanese technique (of course XD) and partly due to the results of my recent  annual physical examination.
 
 
My X-ray results showed that I have a mild case of levoscoliosis and so I thought what better time to try this Japanese Body Therapy than now?

A few days after, I called to reserve a schedule. It is highly advisable that you call and secure a schedule in advance if you intend to avail their services since their schedules can be full. I opted for the "AP & Body Treatment" for 90 minutes.

It was quite an experience. The therapist first assessed my condition and did a series of techniques. I was amused with the drop-bed. LOL XD But what really made me baffled were the bone-crunching twists and snaps especially when my back bone did a snapping sound thrice. XDD Immediately after that maneuver, I can sit or stand straight effortless or with a lot of ease. Surprsingly after the session, I did not feel any adverse pain or whatsoever. It was really a wonderful therapy. I've been planning to schedule another sessioin as soon as I get a little more free time and perhaps do it a little more often.
 
 
Apparently, their Glorietta brach is their first. They will soon be opening two other braches in Makati City. One in Salcedo Village and the other is in a hotel if I remember it right.

The Japanese word KARADA, by the way, literally means "body" in English.

1 comment:

  1. A shiatsu foot massage can help you control blood pressure, along with reducing stress and tension The massaging shiatsu is perfect for massaging the bottoms or sore and aching feet, will the soothing bubbles help to invigorate and energize you.

    ReplyDelete