P.S.

If I am not sharing something Japanice (anime, cosplay, Japanese food, and anime conventions), I will be talking about virtually anything. From life lessons and my daily encounters to politics and current events. It's a personal blog after all. :)

Enjoy and feel free to give comments and input.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~

Friday, March 2, 2012

{COSPLAY} Bleach: Uryuu Ishida

As for my first cosplay article, there is no other cosplay of mine that deserves to be featured first than the last Quincy, Uryuu Ishida. I can still recall the excitement way back in 2007 when I planned on cosplaying Ishida. Bleach was quite the anime back then when it was aired on local TV specifically on GMA 7. I like his personality, his built, his weapon, his power – I just like the entirety of his character. I chose Ishida for my first cosplay back then not only because of my bias but also for practical reasons. As a newbie cosplayer, I wanted a costume or character that is simple and easy without compromising my personal preference on the kind of anime character that I have a liking. Ishida, I thought was perfect. And he is still now.


I had the costume tailor-made and used it in our office Christmas party in 2007 with the theme of “White Christmas.” Ishida’s wearing white after all, it’s like hitting two birds in one stone: having a costume for the party and I can start cosplay from then on. However, it was not until in 2009 when I actually attended a con and cosplayed Ishida. Moreover, it was not until in 2011 that I was able make my props, that is Ishida’s quincy bow. It was likewise my first props-making project and I’m really proud of the finished product.


So what is it I love cosplaying Ishida practicality-wise?


1. I need no wig. I need not color my hair.


2. I can go straight or even commute to the event venue in my cosplay attire. You see my Ishida cosplay has three layers – the polo, the long vestment and the scarf. I can actually just wear the polo on my way and just put on the rest for “full battle gear.” XD Believe me, I wore my Ishida cosplay in the office a couple of times already.


3. There’s no hassle whatsoever. The costume is not hot at all, very light and can pass off as casual clothing. Except of course until I started bringing the Quincy bow and swaying it around.


For those curious on how I made the bow, here’s how:


1. It is made out of a carton box and a roll of masking tape.


2. I used a broomstick as the skeleton or frame inside the bow to make it sturdy.


3. White all-purpose paint and blue marker for the finishing touches.


I think I might be retiring my Ishida cosplay. Well, after all those years it’s about time. But if there would be a Bleach group cosplay then I guess cosplaying Ishida once more won’t hurt.


Uryū Ishida is a bespectacled teenager of average height. He has straight, chin-length raven-colored hair that frames both sides of his face and is fair-skinned with blue eyes.




Rihito Regen!!




Spirit Arrow!




Ichigo to Ishida


Hirenkyaku

Props-making


"For the pride of Quincy."

Character: Uryuu Ishida
Series: BLEACH
Cosplayer: Hiro
Venue/Convention: Various
Photos: Various photographers (can’t even remember who took unless there are watermarks)
Costume: Commissioned Tailor




No comments:

Post a Comment